Thursday, March 01, 2007

Like, Breaking the Law and Stuff

I'm extremely entertained by this update on the so-called "Barbie Bandits" who robbed a suburban Atlanta bank like it ain't no thang, and I can't wait until more details are uncovered. (Read the backstory here.)

I've stared at the photo below of the young thieves for quite some time now, and I love how they didn't bother to wear shirts that were nondescript (read: no designer stitching) or even cover their hair:











I hope the real story behind it is as absurd as the one I've envisioned:

Lauren: Hey, Kassie.
Kassie: Yah?
Lauren: Like, remember how we wanted to buy matching Louis Vuitton bags like the one Jessica Simpson has, and we found out we could so not afford them?
Kassie: Yah.
Lauren: I, like, have a plan.
Kassie: Yah?
Lauren: Yah. Um, I, like, heard about it? On the news? And when this guy did it? It totally worked. For, like, a while, anyway. But we will so not make the mistake he did. He didn't even TRY to disguise himself! Dumb, right? Well, we will take his plan to the next level or whatever. We will wear those big Laguna Beach sunglasses everyone at school is always making fun of us for, and no one will ever know the difference!
Kassie: Yah?
Lauren: Are you, like, in?
Kassie: Yah!

In related news, going to school is not as entertaining as robbing banks.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aspeth said...

funny.... it totally looks like they were stupid suburban chicks who somehow thought they could get away with it. But, yeah, they blew it on the whole 'disguise' topic and got busted pretty quickly

http://12yearsofbeingannoyedbychloesevigny.blogspot.com/2007/03/barbie-bandits-caught.html

12:47 AM  
Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hi Jane,

Lauren: Like, remember how we wanted to buy matching Louis Vuitton bags like the one Jessica Simpson has, and we found out we could so not afford them?
Kassie: Yah.
Lauren: I, like, have a plan.

Do I detect a little bit of Valley Girl speak there. LOL
Like it was so rad you know and like I really needed a new look you know.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Like, totally! You two so get it. ;)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home