Sunday, October 28, 2007

Someone Great

I'm couching this post in terms of an LCD Soundsystem song, because I'm unsure of how to categorize all of this.

N is the man that I'm dating. It's weird to say that, because I have been -- and sort of am -- dating several men. I won't stop handing out my card unless I'm exhorted to. I won't stop playing these boys until I'm explicitly instructed not to.

But there's something about N that makes me talk frankly and forget all of my practiced lines and my perceived coolness and all of the Rules bullshit that I've played for these past six months.

I asked N out impromptu today, flouting the Rules, and he dropped everything and came. That was nice. He likes me. I like him. We sat at a banquette at a Thai place in my neighborhood that I wasn't sure still existed, and I heard the background music clearly.

"This is the song my parents danced to for the first time," I said, sipping from my glass of very decent Cotes du Rhone.

"That's weird," he said.

"Oh. Is it?" I said.

"It's a good omen," he said.

And he kissed me.

Swoon.

It's strange to fall for someone again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

sigh....there goes my chance with jane....sigh.....

it is good to find happy...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Awwww...Bond! You warm my heart anyway and always.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home