Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hot Judas

I'm addicted to the National Geographic Channel's specials on religion and the Bible. Tonight was the network's premiere of the Gospel of Judas, and I believe it was one of their finest specials ever, complete with reenactments, tons of scholarly opinion, and suh-weet graphics. But what I didn't expect was to see one of the hottest men I'd ever laid eyes upon. Perfect longish hair. Smoldering eyes. And he just happened to be playing Judas in the biblical reenactments (tiny picture of him from the NGS site below).

SHOW RECAP In a (very small) nutshell, the show followed the discovery and translation of an ancient text believed to be one of the original gospels of the Bible -- before the church narrowed the 30 or so different texts down to our modern four: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. This new gospel argued that Jesus told Judas to liberate him from his earthly shell (body), thereby making Judas less of the villain we've seen him as through art and literature and more of a good helper in Jesus's destiny. END SHOW RECAP

Now.

This was, of course, completely fascinating, and now I'm dead-set on reading more of the "other" gospels -- especially Mary Magdalene's because she's my girl. But during the reenactments of the Last Supper, the betrayal, etc., I was completely distracted by the utter hotness of Judas. Even the Boyf said he was "unusually attractive." Now, I have four thoughts on Mr. Iscariot (the actor, not the historical figure):

1. Nice work, casting director. Yowza.

2. Who is this guy?
I can't find a credit for him on the NGS site or on IMDB.

3. Memo to NGS: Um, maybe try not to cast such attractive people as biblical figures. It's a weird sensation to be learning about Jesus and then getting all mooney-eyed over his friend/betrayor/liberator/whatever.

4. Okay, IF you're going to cast attractive people anyway, please list their info on your site so I can join this dude's fan club. Or persuade him to move to New York, where he can do a solo performance for me. Ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home