Sunday, July 30, 2006

Best. Blog. Ever.

If you're a reality-TV junkie like me, and you think that Project Runway is one of the most enjoyable shows on television right now, you must, must, must click here. It's a blog written by PR's Malan Breton, the oddly sympathetic designer with a (possibly faux) European accent who was kicked off on the second episode then proceeded to cry and broke the hearts of millions (okay, maybe thousands) of Americans watching the show. You know Malan: He's the guy on the show who was a strange cross between Alan Cumming, Paul Reubens, and Harry Connick Jr.

His blog is part idealism, part inspiration, and part fairy dust sprinkled by a rose-colored unicorn flying over a sparkly rainbow. Here's a snippet:

I was going over sketches today and fabrics etc. Every single one of these pieces are so full of light and colour, it is going to be the best collection I have ever shown, and get excited because I am going to give you something that will change your formal wardrobe forever, something so beautiful elegant and sexy , but something you would never imagine wearing to a formal event. Wait to be surprised it will be worth it...

Love. It.

If this guy, this strange little android from another planet, had his very own show (and he should!) I would totally relearn how to use my VCR just so I could tape every episode. (No, I don't have TiVo, and, yes, I know I'm living in the Dark Ages.)

P.S. Random musing about this past week: For two days straight, I had Nick Lachey's "What's Left of Me" stuck in my head. Specifically, the part where he goes falsetto and sings along with the violins -- "Ahhh-HAA-HAAA, ah, HAA-HAAA, ah." Ugh. My brain must be angry with me about all the delicious beers I drank last week because having that kind of an earworm is the worst punishment it could possibly come up with.

P.P.S. I will blog about my aforementioned Babbo experience tomorrow, so tune in for some dishing. (Pun most definitely intended.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home