Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fleeting

I dreamed last night that structures were crumbling. Old billboards were collapsing on themselves and falling down as dust. Green-leaved trees were singeing internally and burning to the ground. I was trying to find my grandmothers. Everyone outside was milling around, not really panicking, but awestruck. I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness, and I kept looking up at the destruction and repeating, "It's fleeting. It's fleeting."

I woke up from the dream with a start in N's bed. I panicked, my heart fluttering and my chest ever so slightly in pain. I don't remember this, but N said I was crying in my sleep, and then suddenly I sat up and looked at him and said, "I didn't know where I was."

When N is happy, he is wonderful, and I feel wonderful. He tells jokes and does funny impressions of people we know. He makes up sarcastic, hypothetical stories and relates them in movie-like dialogue, and I laugh out loud. He kisses me and holds my hand and tells me about books I'd like or news stories I should read. His eyes are clear and large, and he tells me how he feels about me. I smile, and my concerns dissipate. I feel like the woman I always wanted to be: pretty and happy and confident and metropolitan, with the man she loves next to her.

But I can feel when N turns. His eyes go dark, and his forehead creases. He doesn't talk as much, and I find myself trying to fill the space between us with stupid anecdotes or subway observations or updates on a subject we talked about days before. It's when I can feel him closing that I want to reach out for him and scream, "No! Come back! I love you! Please don't leave!"

But it is always too late.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kb said...

I have flying dreams and wake up thinking they really happened. Does that make me Super Girl?
Don't let the "fleeting" turn into "flogging". Be your own happiness. N's mood should not dictate yours.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

If I can accomplish that, kb, I will be one happy woman. I am working hard on it.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Watch latest and full HD I like the way you described it and would like to see more from you. episodes of your favorite HUM TV serials online. Stay connected with I like the way you described it and would like to see more from you. episodes official website for latest serials episodes.Sep 29, 2016 - zee zindagi, zindagi ban pakistani shows, zee subhash chandra, subhash ... Indian series, a few Turkish dramas, and no Pakistani serial.Dec 19, 2016 - By: Muhammad Farooq Dhedhi California-based streaming pioneer Netflix has nowI like the way you described it and would like to see more from you. episodes the super hit Pakistani drama serials on its ...Pakistani I like the way you described it and would like to see more from you. episodes Serials, Pakistani Drama Serials, Beautiful Drama, Urdu Punjabi Drama, Movies,

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

iWantv! 'ABS-CBN live spilling' appears with only 1 click! โ€“ LopezLink. Jan 28, 2010 - iWantv! gives you a chance to get well known shows in video-on-request and live channel groups. The video-on-request choice makes live gushing of iWant television 2.3.2 for Android โ€“ Download Dialect. Creator: ABS-CBN. Security level: 100% safe. Estimate: 3.04MB. Downloads: 12,463. Date: 07.29.16. Bundle Name: com.abscbn.iwantv. IWanTV | LoadCentral Philippines Its administrations incorporate Pinoy TV and voice, and portable web alongside the restrictive access to ABS-CBN substance through the IWanTV! application. It was propelled on Pinoy TV
ABS-CBN Shows, iWanTV, different substance to be accessible to Shrewd. Sep 27, 2016 - To begin with iWant television, PLDT Home and Savvy endorsers can enlist for a record by means of www.iwantv.com.ph or download the iWant television. iWantv!: Online Free television at your own opportunity | penworks | photoblog Nov 8, 2010 - iWantv is an administration allowed to all SKYBROADBAND and BayanDSL endorsers. Facilitating all the top of the line shows of ABS-CBN, ANC, Studio 23. Get Premium Access on iWantTV with Pinoy TV 50! | Starmometer. Nov 13, 2016 - Missing a scene of your most loved primetime teleserye in light of terrible movement is presently a thing previously. With ABS-CBN's iWanTV, I can.
Interpret this page. Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil repeat their very much cherished parts as Agnes and Xander as they top bill "Everlastingly and the sky is the limit from there," the main select substance offering on. the most effective method to download recordings from iwantv ยป YugaTech | Philippines Tech. BayanDSL and Pinoy TV is currently offering live gushing television and video-on-request to all it's DSL endorsers and Sky Broadband clients. Accessible channels incorporate. iWanTV Files โ€“ LIONHEARTV. More on the web and cell phone clients keep on watching ABS-CBN programs online by means of the video-on-request and livestreaming administration iWanTV. Pinoy TV

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home