Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Embarrassing Moment #2,349

Okay, okay. I know I promised a post about my fabulous dinner at Babbo on Friday. But, well, I just got home from work 30 minutes ago, and right now it is too hot in New York City to do anything: go outside, write, read, watch TV, sit, blink, breathe...

So for now, until I find some air conditioning and go all Babbo on you, I give you one of my most embarrassing moments, which happened roughly a half an hour ago:

My roommate (we'll call her Roomie) has been away for the past week or so, and she came back to the city this afternoon. When I got home from work and she heard me walking through our apartment, she came into the living room and said, "Hi!" I said hi and hugged her. When I pulled away, our sweat-drenched skin stuck together just a bit, and I said loudly, "Is it hot as balls or WHAT?"

Roomie turned, opened the door to her room, and said, "Newbie, I'd like you to meet my mom."

A kind-looking woman in a black pantsuit stood there smiling, and I knew that I'd forever be known as the roommate who says "balls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home