Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Must-Read Book for Writers

I'm reading an awesome book right now called Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. I first heard about it years ago, as a footnote in some syllabus for some college class I've since forgotten about, but I bought it for the first time last year because the jacket promised some insight into this hairy world of writing that so many people are clamoring to enter.

I like the book because she speaks in metaphors, with stories as parables for the day-to-day experiences and struggles of a writer's life. It's also funny and high-energy, and if anything I write after I get off my desk chair/couch/elliptical trainer/excuses/ass is half as good as what she's put forth in this manual, I'll consider myself accomplished.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home