Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Babes iiiiiin Spaaaaaace

I can't ignore this trashy, completely ludicrous story about the NASA "love triangle" that's appeared in the news today. When I first read it, I'll admit that my first instinct was not, like most people's, "She craaaazy." That was my second reaction.

My first thought was, "What an unfortunate blow to women's achievement in the space program."

Forget Sally Ride. Forget Valentina Tereshkova. Forget Dr. Mae Jemison.

Let's help the American public satiate its appetite for scandal with a good, old-fashioned catfight between two female professionals for the affections of some dude who still calls himself "Billy."

Way to go, Lisa Nowak. Way. To. Go.

I think Susan B. Anthony would be proud.

2 Comments:

Blogger notfearingchange said...

Did you notice that they kept repeating the fact that she wore diapers on her drive there? That's just weird...sensationalism.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Totally agreed.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home