Monday, October 20, 2008

The Endorsement: Haras Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

I drink Chilean cabernet because it's cheap and solid. You can walk into your wine store, pay $5.99 for some label you've never heard of, and expect the pours to be spicy and serviceable. In my opinion, the better inexpensive ones are so spicy you feel like you're drinking fresh pepper from the grinder a swank SoHo restaurant. Those hold a special place in my heart.

Tonight, I selected a $9 bottle that I thought would pair nicely with Xanax and my own self-loathing. To my surprise, this Chilean cab blew me away. It's round and not terribly spicy, and it has this fab cedar body that I kept tasting sip after sip, not just on the first swallow.


In true Jane form, I've drunk two-thirds of the bottle tonight, and, like my multiple glasses, the name bears repeating (counting the hed of this post): Haras Estate Maipo Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. The label features a sketch of a horse that supposedly honors Leonardo da Vinci. Between you and me, I chose this particular bottle because the back label shows that the winery is horseshoe-shaped. Apparently the land was first used to raise thoroughbred horses, and you guys know I am a sucker for an earnest theme.
So, yeah, go buy this one. Here.

And by the way, readers...I'm back. For now.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Well-Heeled said...

Um, come back!! I want to do a spa-cation... with lots of chocolate liquor! :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Thiago Cruz said...

Hey, Jane!

I was watching The Pickup artist show with my girlfrend, and I googled it, and found out your blog. I loved it! It's even more entertaining than the show. I love your writing and I cand see you haven't been updating it for a while, but i'll subscribe it anyway... and keep on crying, waiting and hoping for more of your posts!

Keep on writing ;)
Greetings from Brazil!

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Lindsey R. Barr said...

I usually the brewmaster at home with Mr. Beer's Churchill's Nut Brown Complete Homebrewing Kit. I purchased this online only at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/home-bar-wine-accessories/pro/mr-beer-churchill-s-nut-brown-beer-making-kit .

10:36 PM  
Blogger Amir Khan said...

Just like the slicked back hairstyle, Hardy has given new dimension to spiky haircut as well. Keeping the haircut same, he styled this look with a styling product by raising his longer hair on top upwards.

7:07 AM  
Blogger rizwan amin said...


Your work is really awesome. We are sharing with you most beautiful Crickters hairstyles 2017 Like James Anderson haircut

9:14 AM  
Blogger Dresses Khazana said...

So, Winter has come again and everyone is looking for Winter Dresses , you can get best collection from here.

12:58 PM  
Blogger aliamay said...

India and Pakistan have drawn in the same group for the ICC Champions trophy 2017 which would take place in England this year. Champion trophy 2017 schedule, champion trophy live score and bally ball commentary.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Sachin Disilva said...

Kissanime Cartoons is a dark movie with a grim story of politics and romance. It is the sequel of the Hate Story. This time Kissanime Cartoons has brought fantastic animated cartoons. Each of them is irresistible to listen. There are almost four animated cartoons of this movie and article, which have made their way out. The remix versions are another treat arranged for all of you. Most of the animated article cartoons of Kissanime Cartoons are romance based coated with feel of intimacy and love. The hottest track of article cartoons is ‘Pink Lips’. You will love listening to this playful cool animated movies for article. The list of animated cartoons came out has given below followed by a quick review along with details.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home