Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wait. I'm Supposed to, Like...Work?

You mean people actually do work at their jobs? I'm just kidding. I do work at my job, but reading about what other New Yorkers do all day at their jobs in this fun article made me tired. Especially the sous chef part. She sounds like she kicks ass and takes names -- even when she's gossiping about a waiter with two publicists.

I think the thing I love best about this article is how intensely specific and sometimes menial the tasks are that everyone has to do at his or her job, like send thank-you e-mails to clients or "discuss suite dry bar counter installation," but in no way -- come hell or work emergency -- is that ever going to interfere with them checking their stocks, reading Gawker, or e-mailing their cousin about her new baby.

Thank God New Yorkers are still human. I was starting to wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home