Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bring it, Blogstein

So, apparently, over in a dark, moldy corner of Internet-land lurks a shadowy, nerdy figure who calls himself "Dr. Blogstein." (Doctor of what remains to be seen , but I'm thinking his alma mater has to be the University of Phoenix online.) Today, he had the gall to compare me to my archenemy: Kaavya Viswanathan. *Shudder.* Them's fightin' words. (Or, in the words of Steve Zahn in Happy, Texas before he opens up a 10-gallon drum of whupass: "The light is GREEN.")

Here's what he says I ripped off from his blog:

Typing Pool, May 31:
"I have to admit I've really enjoyed seeing spammers' tactics evolve over the past few years or so."

Dr. Blogstein, May 23:
"I have to say that I am impressed with this Spammer Scammer...Behold a breakthrough in the art of spam."

Hey, Blogstein, for something to be considered plagiarism, doesn't more than just one non-arbitrary turn of phrase have to match up? And, by the way, if you're calling me out, you should also call out Andy, Steph, and Nahrissa because, according to you, they're totally stealing your ideas, too. Kaavya's influence is everywhere!

But I won't hold your misjudgment against you. The University of Phoenix might not have covered that in Quackery 101.

Kisses,
Newbie

4 Comments:

Blogger LittleOrangeFox said...

Doctor of bringing you down ;) with an associates in dealing with BS

~A doc fan

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Thank goodness I have a Ph.D. in common sense. (And a sense of style.) Blogstein will see it my way eventually. :)

12:23 AM  
Blogger The Voice of Reason said...

To the Blogstein cave Robin. The Doc is the answer. Champion of the masses, hero to the working man. Your good Newbie but not THAT good.
Have a nice end of days. :)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Batman references, eh? Well, even Batman had epic battles with Catwoman, whom I always liked much better anyway. (Well, not the atrocious Halle Berry Catwoman, but you get what I mean.) Mistletoe is deadly if you eat it, Nuclear Warren, but a kiss is even deadlier if you mean it. ;)

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home