Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Financial Accountability: Days 1 and 2

You know what's disappointing? Having to pay the IRS a somewhat hefty sum due partly to a ton of freelance work one did in the year 2006. That scenario, coupled with my desire to buy plane tickets to see my friends who are states away this summer, has caused me to reevaluate -- or at least become more aware of -- how I spend the mad money that's in my pocket. And, friend, I want you to join me on this journey. (This, of course, does not include the money I save regularly for my emergency fund, rent/bills, random money I add to my mutual funds, and my 401(k).)

So, in the spirit of New York magazine and other budgeters who have come before me, I present:

Newbie to NYC's Spending Journal for Mid-April

I want to do this for a week at the very least. Let's get on with it, shall we?

Monday, April 9, 2006

Banana -- $.35

Laundry (washer and dryer -- heck yes, I do my own laundry) -- $5.25

FICO credit score online at myfico.com (this was something I've been meaning to get for some time, and thanks to my new favorite website retailmenot.com, I saved 20 percent) -- $12.76

Total for 4/9/2006: $18.36


Tuesday, April 10, 2006

Breakfast, two hard-boiled eggs and a cup of grapes: $3.16

Lunch, falafel sandwich and Diet Coke: $5.75

Two glasses of wine with roommate at a steakhouse in the neighborhood: $20

Total for 4/10/2006: $28.91

Heckles/words of encouragement/bursts of creativity welcome in the comments section.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home