Sunday, August 26, 2007

Switch-Hitting

I went to Vermont this weekend on a last-minute getaway with a girlfriend of mine. I went mountain biking for the first time (I didn't even wipe out -- not once!), drank a lot of local beer, and became one with various types of cheese. We drove through back through the hills of Vermont, mountain wind blowing our hair in all directions, good indie music on the stereo, and the city still far, far away.

The blessing of the weekend was not being anywhere near my cell phone or my computer, so I couldn't obsessively check my voice mail, my text messages, my e-mail, my online dating profile, or CNN.com. Of course, as soon as I returned home (relaxed, refreshed, and feeling generally great), I turned my computer on.

Now, I know I'm not supposed to stalk people via MySpace, but morons who don't set their profiles to "private" make it so easy. I decided to take a spin over to the Brazilian bartender's profile just to see what was up -- what inane comments his theater buddies have made on his page or whether he's back with his tiny actress girlfriend. Maybe some hot goss about the Bar that Shall Not Be Named. I was expecting any of that.

But I was not expecting to see that he changed his sexual orientation from "straight" to "no answer."

The Brazilian bartender is gay.

The last time Dr. Blogstein and I were out boozing it up (as we're known to do), I was whining about my love life, and he said, "You show me the guy who doesn't like you, and I will show you his boyfriend."

As much as I hate to admit it, Blogstein was right.

Jane, welcome back to New York: a city where the cutest boys are gay and Blogstein is all-knowing. Maybe I should see about moving to Vermont....

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hey Cutie,

Jane, welcome back to New York: a city where the cutest boys are gay and Blogstein is all-knowing. Maybe I should see about moving to Vermont....

Hi Jane, welcome back, I've been missing you babe. I wouldn't move to Vermont, haven't you ever heard the saying the Grass ain't any greener on the other side? Well it's true, you got a mixture of everything everywhere you go and it's the same old thing no matter where you go.

Allow me to give you a hint!!!
It's not the things that are different from one place to another. ( Now I used the word Things and you can use the word that you choose to replace that with ) It's how you decide to make the difference your self and not to give up and keep trying because you will find someone there, maybe it's time for a different approach to the same goal? For example you went mountain biking, that is good, get involved with more types of physical activities like Mountain biking you might even try some skydiving too, I hear that they send you up with an experienced good looking handsome male skydiver, hey think of the possibilities there?

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Ha! Thanks for the advice, Phil. Very true.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Well Jane... all I will say is I am glad you got a weekend away....

The rest, well... life moves in mysterious ways....

Dating profile???? OH, NM I don't live in your neck of the woods any longer and i am probably 4,000 years outside your age range!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Bond, perhaps you and I were luvahs in another life. I'm thinking Cleopatra and Mark Antony. Or something less dramatic. John and Abigail Adams? Zzzzz... Well, I'll keep thinking.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home