Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fourth of July

A and I didn't care about the fireworks. I like that about our friendship: She and I have done the fireworks thing before, in unpoliced parking lots and fields and rooftops in the Midwest. We've heard the stories written in the local papers about the boys who blow their arms off in search of a good time. We preferred to spend the time from roughly 9:30 to 10:30 p.m. today drinking and talking in a dark bar.

We had beers tonight and waxed poetic about what most ailed us: her recent move, my recent transition. It was all authentic. More American than any fireworks display could be. Beer, friendship, and cameraderie ending with a hug.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I did not see any fireworks either...unfortunately, i did not have a friend to sit with as you did...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hiya Jane,

My special Bar Room pal that makes me jump up and holler hidiaho wanna get drunk now don't ya know.

Oh my I guess we got to get you and Bond out for some really live whoopen fun life now, I love going to some of my old stompen fist fighten sun of a gun biker bars and just getten loud and wild and crazy yeehaw we gonna have us some good times yes in deed.

Party hardy mia compadres

10:41 PM  
Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hey Jane,

I hope that you didn't drink your self right into the hospital, you haven't even taken the time to comment back to your loyal readers and commenters?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh, I've been drinking, Phil. But I haven't boozed myself into the ER. Yet. Next post is for you, darlin'.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home