Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bloggers, Bloggers Everywhere

When I was on vacation in the Midwest -- at the time this happened I was actually drinking Bud Light at an Outback Steakhouse bar and trying not to inhale Middle Sister's cigarette smoke -- the unthinkable happened: I met another blogger. You think you're escaping the vain and self-obsessed masses when you leave New York, but no. The overeducated and opinionated are everywhere.

My new friend's name is Darin, and he so eloquently pens (types?) the blogs Branson Missouri and Branson Edge. Over some serious ass-kicking sessions with the MegaTouch word-search game, we discovered just how much we have in common (blogging). And don't have in common (taste and self-censorship). If you go to the aforementioned sites, you'll see that Darin is a serious journalist, whereas I am -- to date -- not.

So. Dear Darin, thank you for the sip of your bourbon (that was not a euphemism, you dirty-minded hooligan readers) and the quarters we spent displaying our superior vocabularies, and I'm sorry I babbled about my latest male conquest for the better part of our conversation. I swear I'm over him now. XOXO, Jane

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hi Jane,

How's my good friend doing today? I hope that you are feeling well and relaxing and enjoying the weekend.

Anyways a bit more info if you don't mind me asking you? so Bud Light is what your favorite beer then or do you have a special beer that you save for special occasions that you have not discussed with any of your groupie fans such as me?

I have a few favorites but mostly they are imported dark German beers. I enjoy many types of Lager beers, I guess that I like my beer a bit stronger than normal.

I guess that too is why I like strong alcohol too is because if it can make me hit the dirt quicker than normal I usually go back to that brand. LOL It sure is a good thing that there are enough emptys around afterwards because I sure wouldn't remember what it was that I was drinking the night before. ROFLMAO

I guess that is why they say, you must have had a great time if you don't remember what it was that you did the night before. LOL

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Phil, I absolutely love my German beers. Also, St. Pauli Girl is a favorite, as is Beck's. I save the strong alcohol for special occasions, when it won't matter whether I remember things or not. ;)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hi Jane,

I don't know where to begin except to say that my special occasions seem to come quite frequently. Does this mean that I have a drinking problem? Hah I drink I fall down no problem... LOL

I sure would love to party with you some time, that would be fun we could just get sauced together.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Phil, I would LOVE to party with you! Let me know the next time you're in New York.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Branson Missouri said...

Greetings!
I resent the accusation (serious journalist)!

I'm sorry you haven't acquired a taste for fine scotch, but hey - theres still time.

I'm kinda a rebel rouser around here - but, I guess I do it in a serious way. I wasn't going to release your MO (excuse the pun) but hey - if you want to let the cat outta the bag.

Has your roommate gotten over it yet? Sometimes a good breakup demands finger stratchin', ear shattering, bed breakin' freaky monkey sex.

Ya dig? ahh to be a NYC bartender.

Hope the wedding went well - if I remember correctly - it was your sister...

Thanks for playing with me the other night. Next time skinny dipping.

Best Regards!

(What exactly is an Internet Boyfriend anyway)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Skinny-dipping indeed, Darin! Next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Which could be never. Anyway, if you know of any bed-breaking freaky monkey sex going on somewhere, let me know. 'Cause it sure as hell ain't happening here.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Branson Missouri said...

Why do you tease?

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home