Saturday, December 22, 2007

Don't Rain On My Parade

N is the Nicky Arnstein to my Fanny Brice.

Whenever I watch Funny Girl, I think to myself, "Wow, I know he's cute and charming, Fanny, but honestly. He's a gambler! A con artist! Run! Run away!"

That's similar to what my friends say about N. They know I'm head over heels for him, but they know he's probably not the kind of person I should be with, because he might be incapable of giving me what I need.

Did Fanny Brice listen to her friends, though? Nope. And neither will I, because I still believe in love. N is back in my life right now, and he now says he's ready to do this. So, here it goes. Again. I won't expect a safety net this time.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kb said...

Then just make sure you keep yourself intact while you falling... you want to be a "Sadie", right?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh, I definitely want to be a Sadie. Especially with this one. I love that you know what I'm talking about, kb. :) The good news is that he's stepping up to the plate, and I'm going to take that as a cue to keep doing my career thing, my hobby thing...all of that stuff that men love about women that tends to die off in a relationship. Not this time....

1:24 AM  
Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

You might not expect the safety net...but your friends are here to catch you IF you should fall...hobby thing? As in the RHH???? huh???huh????

3:12 PM  
Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OH Merry Christmas...Happy New Year...how could I forget????

3:13 PM  
Blogger Anndi said...

I hope he knows what a great woman he's managed to snag.

If the complete package is what he fell for then why give up who you are and what you love... glad to hear you'll aim for your dreams.

May the New Year bring you love.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Kb said...

One of my all time favorite musicals... "Oh my man I love him so... he'll never know..." Babs and I have duets all the time. Good for you to stay true to yourself! Happy New Year!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home