Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So Time Travel IS Possible...

Call Doctor Emmett Brown: As if Kaavya Viswanathan weren't already royally screwed, this little tidbit came out late today. Apparently, not only is Viswanathan's future journalism/writing career down the toilet, the media has found a way to go back in time and cast suspicion on the work she did before this scandal broke.

According to the Times story, The Record newspaper in Hackensack, NJ, is going back and investigating all the stories Viswanathan turned in for them when she was an intern there in 2003 and 2004. Wow. I mean, that's gotta hurt. It's kind of like having all of your past relationships put under the microscope when someone finds out you cheated on your current boyfriend -- "unintentionally" and "unconsciously" cheated, of course, and, besides, you never really liked the current boy to begin with. It's almost enough to make me feel sorry for the girl. Well, I'd feel sorry for her if she didn't steal book passages and lie about said stealing and if I weren't sure she was going to get some ridiculous memoir deal out of all of this.

And just a quick P.S.: I paged through the premiere issue of Blueprint magazine today, and it is stop-everything-and-gawk-for-15-minutes beautiful. I am not a home design person. I have no idea how to "match colors" or "pick out bedding" or "choose a wall sconce," but I am going to subscribe to this sucker solely because I couldn't stop staring at this picture of a girl with two giant framed playing cards behind her. Click on it. You'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home