Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bloglines Blurred

I want to preface this post by saying that I am not trying to be catty by blogging about Brooke Parkhurst, author of Belle in the Big Apple. But, since I know at least some of you are going to reach the obvious conclusion, let's get down to brass tacks: Of course I'm jealous of her. She's completely beautiful (see picture below) and seemingly above the realm of mere mortals, as evidenced by the fact that she's blogging her way through an interview to work at the New York Post's Page Six and hasn't been booted out of their offices yet. Um, has no one at the Post figured this out yet? Or have they figured it out and they're just enjoying the free publicity? Do they expect her to blog about the interview? Or don't they care? And, more importantly, why would anyone blog about work, especially a potential job? Do people not have bills to pay, rent to make? And more important than that, why do some people who do blog about work and subsequently get fired seem to come out just fine -- if not better -- on the other side?

When did it become okay -- savvy, even? -- to be stupid and arrogant? I'm guessing that most people who tried what she's doing wouldn't make it through Interview One. I guess being beautiful and having a successful blog and book deal erases a lot of lines in the sand on this island. I'll bet that having money helps, too.

And maybe that's why, more often than not, I feel like I don't belong here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home