Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ooof. Ouch.

When I was about 14 years old, I went to the mall with my friend Angela, and my parents agreed to pick us up at a predetermined time right outside the food court. During the two hours that Angela and I were shopping/wandering/buying $6.50 bottles of Victoria's Secret lotion/eating 7-Layer Burritos, there was a sudden torrential downpour outside. When Angela and I finished our loitering, walked out of the mall, and got into my parents' minivan (toldja I was from the Midwest), they were cackling maniacally and pointing out the window. Of course, I was horribly embarrassed, especially when I realized what they were laughing at:

There was a giant, inky puddle of rainwater indistinguishable from the blacktop of the parking lot right in front of their van, and they were watching unsuspecting person after unsuspecting person step/fall into it and drench themselves from the hips down. Again, at 14 I was humiliated beyond belief, but now I see how hi-freakin'-larious it is to simply sit back and watch (other) people bite it.

So, in memory of that rainy Midwestern night, here are my favorite old-but-timeless videos of people falling:

1. This recent one from "So You Think You Can Dance" (via Lindsayism)

2. One word: numchucks

3. Two words: trap door

And, as a bonus, this still shot, via Planet Dan:













Yes, that is Tony Danza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home