Wednesday, October 18, 2006

High School Stuff

Somehow fittingly, seeing as how my last post was about high school, I went to this last night. It really was pure comedy, seeing other people read their old diaries and mock their decade(s)-old pasts with such complete abandon.

The narcissistic part of me really wants to read in the next one, but the shy part of me doesn't want any part of it. 'Cause, see, well...I know this may be seen as dumb by others who are self-actualized enough to disregard their pasts, but I think anything we write about ourselves -- at any age -- is valid and true and worth something. I'm not so ready to sell my 14-year-old self out, no matter how naive and insane she was. And maybe that's just naive. Or this blog entry is. But I'm a tad bit tired of snark.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Oh, no, we're definitely still that person. My favorite thing about Cringe is that you're admitting a little bit of who you still are, but everyone laughs it off and loves you for it.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

And I so loved the show. If I get up enough nerve, maybe I'll contact you guys 'cause I KNOW I have some material!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home