Wednesday, September 27, 2006

New Favorite Procrastination Show: House

I'd like to add House to my list of Procrastination Shows. You know, the TV programs you watch not because you're that invested in them but because you'd rather not do work. So far, my Procrastination Shows include The Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, Grey's Anatomy, The Surreal Life, My Fair Brady, Wife Swap, Best Week Ever, and just about any hastily slapped-together countdown show on VH1.

But House is my new favorite. Why? Because Hugh Laurie is brilliant, that much we know. But also because he's hot. In the words of one of my old New Jersey roommates, "I'd let him be wit' me." And even though two out of three of his underling sidekicks can't act (Omar Epps I can stand -- he, also, is a hottie) and the whole series is like a string formulaic episodes of CSI set in a hospital, I will tune in week after week as long as I get to see Laurie belt out one of his trademark sarcastic remarks, much to the expected chagrin of everyone else on staff.

Give me House, a glass of decent red, and a slice of pepperoni pizza, and I am SO good to go.

As long as I don't have to actually meet deadlines or "work" on anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home