Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wishful Wine-Thinking

Here is a picture of the label of the red wine I wish I were enjoying right now instead of staring bleary-eyed at my computer and waiting with bated breath to fall into my bed:























I came upon this red zinfandel at a quaint (but somewhat overpriced) wine shop in my neighborhood. A while back the Boyf and I were having a little contest to see who could pick the most whimsical (yet tasty) bottle for dinner that night. I remember that he picked one of my favorite labels -- a 1980s woman hugging a concrete statue of a lion; I think it's a malbec, but I'm not sure what the name is -- but I won hands-down with the Tumbling Tractor, because it's as delicious as its name is funny.

I like dry zins. I like most of my wines dry, spicy, and exploding with full, near-harsh flavor. This one is perfect. See the cute backstory about Gravity Hills's Tumbling Tractor Zin here or just take my word for it and buy it for cheap here.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the wine recommendation - and the website to buy the wine! More! More! :-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Wild Phil said...

Hi Jane,

Something that you might want to read.

http://drblogstein.blogspot.com/search/label/Datres%20at%20the%20Desk

At The Desk Doc Says.
3:04 in -- I'm already impressed with Jamie. Not only does she look hot in her picture but she sounds hot too. Sounds like a great phone sex buddy...not that I'd know anything about that or anything.

Of course he wouldn't?

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Nick: I love that my readers are winos like me. Cheers!

Phil: You know, some might think I'd be jealous, but because Blogstein's like my brother, I only have one word for that: EWWWWWW! Keep your virtual sex life to yourself, Doc!

11:17 PM  
Blogger AtriaBooks said...

I didn't write that rundown...I just copied and pasted someone else's work...how could I have live-blogged my own show?!?

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home