Thursday, November 30, 2006

Open Letter to My New Crush

Dear Today Show Music Guy (or Gal),

I know I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I think I have a crush on you. I hear little snippets of songs you've picked for segments, and I can't help but fantasize about you sitting in the control room, picking out perfect songs, and maybe being somewhat bitter that most people watching won't understand the connection. You don't know it, but I get you and respect your craft.

Like today's segment (featuring my girl crush Stacy London) on at-home services for clothes shopping and beauty treatments, you picked "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz. I found that very clever and catchy. Not only did I drive my co-workers insane by humming it all day (those morning songs tend to stick in my head), I actually looked it up on Wikipedia and learned the very cute story behind the song. Then I went home and downloaded it.... Um, and the original song it sampled, "Valerie" by Steve Winwood.

It's not just the obvious songs that I get, though. During that same fashion segment, you played the first few instrumental bars of Jay-Z's "Change Clothes." Love it. (And I very much like Jay-Z, so, see, that's already something we have in common.)

So, if you see this post, make sure to play Blondie's "Call Me" on the show next week. No one else will get it, but we will.

XOXO,
Newbie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home