Monday, March 19, 2007

Lost and Found

Have you ever discovered an object in your apartment that looked completely foreign? You know, something that may or may not be a piece of glass from a plate you can't remember owning or some metal part or button that looks like it might be vaguely important. I found this thing on the floor of my room a while back:












It's a little hard to see here (because my digital camera is the most useless electronic device I've ever owned), but it looked to me like a gilded shark's tooth.

Because I am weird, I didn't throw it away. I simply kept it on my desktop, hoping that whatever object it was from would come back to me, boomerang-style.

About two weeks later, I found this in a bag:










The piece was from a Christmas ornament from my childhood. Her wing had chipped off. I felt oddly sad. I'm gonna get her Krazy Glued up, and she'll be back in action in time to adorn the next tree I lug four avenue blocks and up three flights of stairs with my roommate.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Whatever the gilded shark tooth thing is, I think I have its mate in a drawer. But which drawer?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

You must find it, Dave! Then e-mail me a picture of it. We'll compare.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

That's a hopeless quest. I can't find what is within arms reach on the desk. Someday, maybe my heirs will go through all the stuff in the drawers, on the shelves and especially that which is stuck between the wall and the washer and dryer and reconstruct my life -"Sophie, I told you he was wierd."

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh, one can only hope for a legacy of eccentricity! You've got yours all locked up now.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home