Sunday, April 22, 2007

Delicious Dish

After an early evening trip to the gym today, I got inspired to cook something. Yes, an actual recipe involving actual chopping of vegetables and actual heating of food that does not involve a microwave. It was a big day for me.

I had been eying a recipe in Self magazine's April issue, so I went for it: I made the Fettuccine with Shrimp dish, and it was completely worth the hour it took to make it. Which is not that long, considering that I shared it with the Boyf, who was so impressed with my sudden culinary genius he had two helpings, and I still have a healthy portion to take to work tomorrow. Bonus: After eating it, I didn't feel as though I had negated my previous workout with a ton of fat and sugar calories.

I highly recommend trying the recipe -- and sneaking sips out of the bottle of white wine you'll need to buy in order to make the sauce. A note: I even substituted dried basil because every grocery store in Murray Hill was out of the fresh stuff, and it turned out just fine. Happy cooking (and boyfriend/girlfriend-impressing).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home