Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gaffes and Gaffers

I really, really, really like Netflix. If given the chance, I can spend hours rating movies I've seen and placing new movies into my queue (usually at #1,587 or similar because it's going to take me at least four score to actually watch them all).

Another cool thing about Netflix is that the site recommends films that you might like based on other films you've already seen and rated. Usually the recommendations are pretty predictable, like, "You'll love...Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price because you loved Super Size Me."

But today, as I was scrolling and rating as per usual, I came across this recommendation:

"You'll love...Madonna: The Confessions Tour because you loved Brokeback Mountain."

Way to stereotype the gays, Netflix! I'm not sure many gay men would argue with your pick, but honestly! Keep those assumptions to yourself, lest the entire movie-viewing country feel it's okay to assert that every gay man loves body glitter and techno and every gay woman digs the LPGA.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home