Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Good Times

I got my first iPod a few months ago, so I've been going through old CDs looking for music that I can fill it up with. Random "Rhythm is a Dancer" find? Gym playlist. Old mix CD from an ex-boyfriend? Some damn good James Brown to groove to on my commute.

And then I unearthed this CD from Fitness magazine that my friend D gave me eons ago (probably a freebie that someone gave him).

Here's part of the playlist:

"Save Tonight" by Eagle-Eye Cherry
"Steal My Sunshine" by LEN
"Hey Leonardo" by Blessid Union of Souls
"As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B. Hawkins

Now, tell me you can't remember exactly what you were doing when at least one of these songs was being overplayed way back in the late '90s. For me, I'm brought back to a time when I regularly shopped at DEB, drove around my Midwestern town singing to the radio with my guy friend J during breaks from college because we weren't old enough to go to the bars, and dated the most inappropriate guy I could have possibly picked for myself on my college campus. Good. Times. Sing it, Sophie!

Also, if you can't get enough of old classics, you MUST tune in to Dr. Blogstein's Radio Happy Hour tonight at 9 p.m. EST so I can finally show all y'all exactly how seriously I take my karaoke. I'll be singing as well as competing, American Idol-style, against everyone's favorite native South African with the sexy-as-hell accent: Neil. (Clearly, I will win, but let's be nice to him anyway, 'kay?)

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AtriaBooks said...

Whoa! I just had a Dawson's Creek flashback.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home