Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Endorsement: E-A-R Classic Earplugs

I usually don't shill for products unless I find something truly amazing. (Or unless I'm trying to get free beer. Kidding. Sort of.) That said, I was pleasantly surprised when I returned today from a girls' weekend in Miami to find something truly wonderful:

E-A-R Classic Earplugs

The minute my traveling companion and I found our row, we knew the flight wouldn't be an easy one. The airline had seated us the middle of a group of eight or so young twentysomethings whom I thought must be drama students, a theory that I formed after hearing both the sheer volume of their conversations and the numerous times they yelled nonsensical things like, "Holla at your boyeeeeee!" and "Choco-choco-chip!"

The funny thing about drama students is they're self-aware without being self-aware. I heard them several times say things like, "Everyone is going to HATE US! They're going to be like, 'SHUT UP!' They're going to kick us off the plane!" But did they shut up? Um, no. That would be un-drama-student-like. My traveling companion, who is tiny and sweet and Asian, clutched her morning coffee, gave me a sidelong glance, and said, "I ahm going to KEEEL them." I hear you, sister.

By the time we took off, two thing had happened: First, I ascertained that they must all be on their way to perform in some cruise-line show. Again, I was able to reach this conclusion after I heard them yell, "I can't wait to get on that ship!" about five times. Second, I remembered I had earplugs. Really, really good earplugs. The foam kind that you roll up and stick in your ears and wait for them to unravel, like the toy foam capsules of sponge animals I used to stick in water as a kid.

Reader, I slept through the flight. If these babies can drown out cackling drama students, I'm sure they can muffle the sounds of crying kids, construction, and the awkwardness of your roommate having sex. Now go buy some.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Hahaha! Perhaps my future soulmate will be wearing these as I take my seat beside him on my next flight.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home